Blogs are websites that allow you to add and manage content without needing to know how to write code. Among their many uses, blogs can be used for journaling, and can be kept private by using a password. A blog can be set up and customized within an hour or two. This course offers technical information to help you set up a blog and get comfortable with managing it.
In this class, you will learn how to
- Set up and customize a new blog (Wordpress, Blogger, Type Pad).
- Add and manage posts.
- Add and manage links.
- Add and manage pages.
- Manage comments.
- Add and manage other resources such as images and audio files.
- Troubleshoot blogging issues by searching for help from the blog host
Student Skills, Equipment required
You will need the following:
- A computer connected with the internet, and know how to connect to the Internet.
- Text editing software such as Text Edit on a Mac or Note Pad on a PC, and know the basics of using the software.
- Internet browser software, and know the basics of using it to navigate and interact on the Internet.
- Email access/account, and know the basics of sending and receiving email.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $0. Non-SCN members: $.
Katherine Misegades has been a website designer for ten years, an extension of her career as a graphic artist. She has set up blogs for many of her clients and helped them maintain their blogs through telephone consultation and email. She maintains four personal blogs, three on Wordpress and one on Google's Blogger (Blogspot).
Praise for Katherine's Classes
- Katherine is very knowledgeable in blogs. I already had a website and just wanted a blog to go along with it. She took the time to assist me in getting this accomplished and went the extra mile in making sure that it was the way I wanted it. Thank you, Katherine. —Linda L., Chapin SC
- The instructor knows her subject and knows how to teach it. I especially appreciated the personal attention I received—including her offer to answer questions and make suggestions by phone once I had set up my blog. Everything about the course was excellent. —Kathy W., Austin TX