Class Title: Life Happens: Write Through it Using the Celtic Calendar as a Guide
Instructor: Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe
Class Term: March 11-May 6, 2019
enroll in this class
We will learn to use the Celtic Wheel Calendar as a guide for developing a healing, daily writing practice throughout every season of life. You will experience a deeper connection to self allowing for the discovery of your own authentic voice.
This class will motivate students to begin/continue a daily writing practice for all of life, offering possibilities for healing and developing a deeper connection to self through writing. The Celtic calendar will serve as our guide for writing though life.
We will share a space to explore writing that will lead to discovering authentic voice, while learning strategies for managing the inner critic.
Instruction/Communication Method: A copy of the Celtic calendar will be provided with weekly writing prompts, pertinent articles and all feedback and discussions through groups.io.
- Unit 1: Introductions and class overview-who we are and what to expect
- Unit 2: Setting your writing intention
- Unit 3: Discover your authentic voice and dealing with the inner critic
- Unit 4: Introduction to the Celtic calendar: Samhain, Imbolc, Bealtaine, Lughnasa
- Unit 5: Samhain- meaning and writing prompts
- Unit 6: Imbolc-meaning and writing prompts
- Unit 7: Bealaine-meaning and writing prompts
- Unit 8: Lughnasa-meaning and writing prompts. Wrap up.
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
All writing levels welcome. Willingness to engage, participate in writing, review, and feedback.
Basic internet skills and email access.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $256. Non-SCN members: $320.
Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe, MA, LCMHC is a published author, licensed mental health counselor, and life coach. After spending a year living on the Dingle Peninsula, Ireland working on her next memoir she is currently living, working, and writing on Cape Cod. She has taught numerous workshops including Writing your healing story, Ready, Set Write and Writing for your life. She teaches both live and online classes. In 2017 she published her first memoir, The First Signs of April, with She Writes Press.