We all experience pain, loss, change, uncertainty in life. Research indicates that writing about such experiences can enhance over all well being. This course offers an opportunity to learn and practice writing about these experiences allowing for deeper levels of healing.
Over 8 weeks this course will help you understand and experience how writing through life's painful challenges can deepen healing. You will write your own unique healing story, share and respond to your fellow writer's stories and experience a new level of healing.
- Understand how writing about difficult experiences reduces stress and aids in promoting increased health.
- Experience how how writing through difficult times helps to create a unique healing and transformative story
- Give and receive constructive feedback and hold a safe and respectful space for one another
- Develop writing skills to further individual healing
- Unit 1: Introductions and course overview
- Unit 2: Why Write? How writing heals
- Unit 3: Journal entry/writing prompts
- Unit 4: The art of feedback
- Unit 5: Group writing share/read and respond/journal entry assignment/promts
- Unit 6: Student share and feedback; weekly writing prompts
- Unit 7: Continued froup share with feedback; weekly writing prompts
- Unit 8: Continuing to add to your unique healing story throughout life. Wrap up
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
Weekly assignmnets, writing prompts, discussion and feedback will be through Groups.io
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $256. Non-SCN members: $320.
Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe, MA, LCMHC is a 2019 IPPY Silver Medalist for her debut memoir, The First Signs of April. She has also co-authored Anxiety Relief. She is a licensed mental health counselor and life coach. After spending a year living on the Dingle Peninsula, Ireland working on her next memoir she is currently living, working, and writing on Cape Cod. She has taught numerous workshops including 21 Days to Your Daily Writing Practice, Writing your healing story, Ready, Set Write and Writing for your life. She teaches both live and online classes. Please visit her website